Lo-to-no Budget Filmmaking
Duration: One weekend Sat & Sun 24th/25th February 2018, 10.00-17.00
Address: Raindance Film Centre, 10a Craven Street, London, WC2N 5PE
Day 1: Make The Movie
Learn a step-by-step process using proven cost-effective, lo-to-no budget filmmaking techniques by considering the best and most efficient ways to produce, direct, shoot and edit a saleable feature film.
- Pre-Production: getting organised for an efficient shoot
- Budgets from 500 € to 1 000 000 € are discussed in detail
- Proven lo-budget short cuts and faking a million pound budget
- Using sound and music to enhance production values
- Getting professional actors
- The essentials of the art and craft of film directing
- More than fifty lo-budget shooting tips
- Avoiding the three big filmmaking mistakes
Day 2: Sell The Movie
Discover the secrets and real facts behind marketing, selling and distributing your finished film throughout the world and the pre-planning you need to turn your movie into this year’s cult classic, and yourself into a hot filmmaker.
NEW: Self distribution and the internet explained for filmmakers.
- The movie game: presenting your first project to investors.
- Distribution and marketing
- Publicity: the essential ingredient to selling your film
- PR kit: creating an effective package
- Film buyers and film markets
- Plotting the film festival route
- Film financing: executing a strategy for a £50,000 – £3,000,000 budget
- Honing a workable pitch for your film.
- The distribution deal
Over 15,000 film students and filmmakers have taken this course worldwide since 1993.